|Model Question Set |
Subject: English Grammar Full Marks: 50
Class: VI Time: 1. 5 hrs.
Use the appropriate form of the verb to fill the blanks below. 5×1=5
- Ram……….. (sing) a song.
- Kumar ……….(go) Butwal yesterday.
- The bus………(come) in time.
- I will………..(pass) the exam.
- Narayan Gopal ………(is) a great singer of Nepal.
Change the following into the present continuous tense. 5×1=5
Eg. Susmita cooks rice.
Ans. Susmita was cooking rice.
- They change the house.
- We ride the bicycle.
- She jumps over the fence.
- Girls dress up perfectly.
- Parbati buy new clothes
Change the following into different tenses. 5×2=10
|Simple Present||Simple Past||Simple Future|
|They are farming.|
|Cows will run.|
|He was reading book.|
|Ram has kept my book..|
Change the following sentences into negative. 5
- She dances well.
- We were learning good habits.
- Students go on picnic.
- I have talked too much.
- She went home yesterday
Add tag for the following statements. 5×1=5
Eg. He is reading now.
Ans. He is reading now, isn’t he?
- He is a student.
- I’m from Beni.
- She will go tomorrow.
- We aren’t playing now.
- Reeya had not done all work.
Use ‘and’, ‘but’, ‘because’, although’ or ‘if’ and join the sentences. 5
- Biajya reads well. He writes well.
- Dogs like bones. Cats like milk.
- He is punished. He comes late.
- They are poor. They are happy.
- You want to join the picnic. You must complete the task first.
Use in/on/at/since/for to fill the blanks. 5×1=5
- The students are ……the line.
- They are dancing ………her birthday party.
- ……..5 am he was there.
- It has been raining …………..morning.
- We have a holiday ……two months.
Underline the adverb in the following sentences. 5×1=5
Eg. Babita sings pretty well.
Ans. Babita sings pretty well.
- Saroj likes it very much.
- She takes bath daily.
- They have gone away.
- I never tell a lie.
- Reshma speaks politely.
Write a short paragraph about your best friend.